EDINA, MN (January 23, 2019) – Edina Realty, the largest residential real estate company in Minnesota and western Wisconsin recently released sales figures for 2018 which cemented its place as the market sales leader for the 19th year in a row. In 2018, the company closed 29,700 transaction sides for a total of $8.7 billion in sales volume.
“To us, leading the market is more than sales numbers—it’s a company-wide commitment to provide exceptional agent development and education, industry-best tools and a team of dedicated staff all with the purpose of helping our agents give their clients the best possible real estate experience,” said Edina Realty president Sharry Schmid.
Edina Realty agents across the service area of Minnesota and western Wisconsin participate in Realtor associations and serve as members of boards of directors for those organizations.
Elected 2019 association leaders from Edina Realty include:
- John Smaby, president, National Association of REALTORS
- Matt Loskota, president, Minnesota Association of REALTORS
- Patti Jo Fitzpatrick, president, St. Paul Area Association of REALTORS
Additional highlights from 2018:
- Edina Realty announced the launch of Emma, a new digital real estate assistant.
- Edina Realty REALTOR John Smaby was installed as the president of the National Association of REALTORS. The day was commemorated by Gov. Mark Dayton, who proclaimed Nov. 1, 2018 to be John S. Smaby Day in Minnesota.
- Edina Realty president Sharry Schmid was named “Women Who Lead” honoree by Minnesota Business magazine.
About Edina Realty: Edina Realty is a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate and a wholly-owned subsidiary of HomeServices of America, Inc. It is one of the nation’s largest real estate companies with more than 75 real estate offices and about 2,400 REALTORS® throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Edina Realty's family of companies includes Edina Realty, Edina Realty Title, Edina Realty Insurance and Edina Realty Mortgage. Edina Realty also offers Edina Realty Home Warranties through HSA Home Warranty. Edina Realty closed more than 32,000 real estate transactions and $8.9 billion in sales volume in 2017. For more information, visit www.edinarealty.com or find us on Facebook; and Twitter.