Edina, Minnesota, April 13, 2021 – In 2021, Edina Realty Foundation celebrates its 25th anniversary as an organization that offers financial support to nonprofit organizations serving homeless individuals, children and families and/or homelessness prevention in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Founded in 1996, the Foundation was created to invest in the local communities Edina Realty serves to give everyone a better place to call home.
The Edina Realty Foundation has raised more than $10 million since its founding, with 4,725 grants to support nonprofits serving homeless individuals or organizations working to prevent homelessness. The Foundation is funded by contributions from Edina Realty agents and employees, year-round fundraising events and contributions from Edina Realty Home Services
To ensure financial support is distributed in the communities Edina Realty serves, every year the staff of each of Edina Realty’s 70 offices decides how to disperse the money raised in their local market, allowing the Foundation to impact communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
Key projects over the years include:
- Raising $68,000 to support Second Harvest Heartland’s Emergency Food Box program in 2020, which sent 43,636 meals to food shelves across Minnesota
- A partnership with Dress for Success to launch a Twin Cities chapter and collect clothes at Edina Realty offices
- Sending 93 semi-trucks of supplies to assist Hurricane Katrina victims with Hope for the City
- Supporting the Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans to remodel several houses for homeless veterans
- Partnering with Verizon to collect over 6,000 cell phones and donate them to battered women shelters
“I’m incredibly proud of the impact the Edina Realty Foundation has had over the past 25 years, chiefly due to the generosity of our agents and staff,” said Greg Mason, president and CEO of Edina Realty Home Services. “Our work is rooted in local communities every day, and tackling issues like homelessness and hunger are an important way that Edina Realty can do its part to make the communities we serve vital and thriving.”
About the Edina Realty Foundation
The Edina Realty Foundation is a non-for-profit, private foundation that offers financial support to non-profit organizations providing housing and related services to homeless families throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Supported through donated funds and volunteer time by Edina Realty agents and employees, the Foundation has donated more than $10 million since its inception in 1996. For more information, visit edinarealty.com.